Sunday, August 23, 2009

Armchair Travel

I love watching Rick Steves' Europe. I'm a bit of an armchair traveler. Wish I were traveling for real, but c'est ma vie.

Anyway, it's on now, and I hadn't seen this particular episode on Barcelona before, and now, I have to look up the people, places and things mentioned.

Barcelona, Catalonia, Montserrat, Guadi and Pablo Picasso ..
I've heard of modernisma but only in passing. To see buildings built in that style is amazing. Whimsical, fanciful .. like a visit to Fairyland. I'd be cool to see that in person. Rick Steeves paid special attention to Gaudi, and you can see that clip here on youtube.

And now he's starting the "microstates" (which I have see before): Vatican City, San Marino, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Andorra
*happy sigh*

People who are able to travel (and to explore their destinations) are lucky folk. :)

No comments: