Monday, April 04, 2005

House of D, part 2: the trailer

L2 mentioned to me that she'd seen the House of D trailer on apple.com trailers. For some reason, I hadn't even thought to look over there! lol (*shakes head*) I just viewed the trailer, and now, I'm even more excited to see this film. Robin Williams is an amazing actor, and I always look forward to projects that he's in. From the clips I saw, Tea Leoni does a wonderful turn as the mother of the boy, and the young actor himself seems very talented. I wanted a longer trailer. :)

As L2 had mentioned to me (over on Live Journal) she likes movies that are character driven. So do I. In fact, I love good storytelling, period, and adding compelling characters while weaving a captivating tale will definitely keep my attention. A lot of it, too, has to do with how the story is told, and I have a good feeling about this film.

***
Other examples, imho, of good storytelling in the movies (or television):
Farscape
Hero
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Five People You Meet in Heaven
What Dreams May Come
The Matrix trilogy
Sliding Doors
and more ...

No comments: