from 101 in 1001 days.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Friday, January 13, 2006
End Date: Friday, October 10, 2008
1. Get my ears repierced.
3. Go to the Chinese New Year celebrations in Boston’s Chinatown.
4. Video some of the Chinese New Year celebrations.
5. Read M.A. Bernier’s “Dragonstone.”
6. Read one of the Pratchett books that Digger lent me.
7. Cook something in my crockpot.
8. Take a dance class.
9. Get my driver’s permit.
11. Go on a real, honest-to-goodness date.
20. Take a class through either the BCAE or the CCAE.
13. Complete at least five things on my 2006 New Years Resolutions list. (failed - alas!)
14. Write in my diary at least once a month until the 1001 days are over. (failed!)
15. Read at least two of the unread books on my bookshelf. (failed)
16. Get my driver’s license.
18. Read a book by Lois McMasters Bujold (the author Mreen always recommends to me).
19. Start an IRA.
20. Get my finances back under control (pre-2004 at least), specifically my credit cards. (failed)
26. Go for a walk after I get out of work at night at least three times a week come this Spring. (failed! - it's already June, and I haven't been getting out of work early enough this Spring to go on any walks)
27. Take a Tai Chi or martial arts class.
29. Take a cruise.
30. Visit Missy.
31. Visit Martha’s Vineyard.
32. Visit Canada.
33. Take a Boston Duck Tour.
35. Visit the Quincy Tea Room.
36. Finish a cross-stitch project.
37. Go on a picnic.
38. Go snorkelling again.
39. Take the MENSA test.
41. Complete (and then post) the WIP meme that I saw on someone’s LJ awhile back.
42. Attend a fancy, dress up event in Boston or NYC (other than the Emmys).
44. Take a tour at the Day House.
45. Get a pen pal. (I used to have many. *g*)
47. Get the Boston Scapers site up and running.
48. Look into having a FS or a film table for Norwoodopia Day.
49. Attend another Farscape convention.
53. Complete the NaNoWriMo 2006 challenge. (failed)
54. Finish at least one of my written works in progress. (failed)
55. Submit one of my finished stories for publication in a magazine.
56. Submit one of my finished stories for publication with a book publisher.
57. Film a movie of my own.
58. Submit the film to at least three festivals.
59. Finish my torturemazes website.
60. Work with S. on her video web series or make a video web series of my own. (failed)
61. Participate in the 26 Things meme.
62. Make the FS commercial I’ve wanted to make.
63. Produce something for the purpose of airing it on my local cable station.
64. Write a screenplay. (failed)
65. Organize Ella photos in an album.
66. Replace at least five of my VHS tapes with DVDs.
67. Make a plan for a family reunion.
68. Catalogue all the CDs I own.
69. Catalogue of all the DVDs I own.
70. Catalogue of all the VHS tapes I own.
71. Copy all least ten pages from one of my old diaries (from elementary school)
72. Put the VHS tape my aunt & uncle had made for my grandmother onto DVD.
73. Make a list of all the books I own. (in progress)
74. Get my old LCIII files onto my current laptop .. somehow. (in progress)
77. Transfer T.’s vids to digital form as she had requested.
80. Go to a film festival.
81. List my top 100 movies. (in progress)
82. List my top 100 books. (in progress)
87. Make an audio blog post.
88. Visit my local library and get reaquainted with it since it was re-done.
89. Visit my great aunt Esmeralda.
91. Visit my dad more. (failed)
92. Get better aquainted with all the bells and whistles on my laptop. (failed)
93. Get better aquainted with all the bells and whistles on my camcorder.
94. Get better aquainted with all the bells and whistles on my new digital camera.
95. Dye my hair auburn.
96. See Cyanide Valentine live.
98. Introduce my dad to his granddaughter.
100. Start another 101 things to do when the 1001 days near their end.
101. Complete all the items on this list. (failed *sigh*)
Days Left: 0
Tasks Remaining: 69