Sunday, January 02, 2011

#65. Identify 100 things that make me happy. (1-27)

I decided to review my 101 in 1001 days list this morning and tackle item #65. Identify 100 things that make me happy. This is a partial list at the moment because I don't want to just type as many things as possible without giving it much thought. I really want it to be a list of "100 things that make me happy" that I can refer to when I need a little reminder. ;)

1. My neice
2. Chocolate
3. Writing
4. Books
5. Stories/Storyelling
6. Walking
7. Watching movies
8. Making/creating things
9. Miniatures
10. The ocean
11. Listening to music (live music, on the radio, on my iPod, etc.)
12. My family
13. Sunshine
14. Making lists
15. Exploring new places, especially on foot
16. Taking a cruise
17. Small children playing, laughing, running
18. Eating ice cream, especially mint chocolate chip, with jimmies on a cone
19. Looking at old family photos and family albums
20. Learning new things
21. Daydreaming
22. Tap dance, Irish step, Flamenco, .. I love hearing the tap-tap-tap sounds when the person is dancing
23. Fruity scents .. strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, oranges, apples, etc.
24. Having time to myself
25. Ferry rides, boat tours, etc. - This one is closely related to #10 and #16, but deserves its own number, I think
26. Eating out, especially for breakfast, brunch or lunch
27. Grazing. I'd rather "graze" throughout the day, eating several "mini-meals" and snacking than have to endure the traditional three (large) meals a day all the time. Buffets, dim sum, tapas, etc., make me happy because I can have a little of this and a little of that instead of large portions of things I really only want a bite of. Grazing and snacking make me happy.

That's it for now. I'll revisit this list now and then and add to it. The results I'll share as the list progresses.

So tell me, what makes you happy?

No comments: