Monday, October 20, 2008

101 in 1001 Days

from Day Zero (aka "101 in 1001 days")

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Start Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
End Date: Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm keeping track a little differently than I did before.
* Completed tasks will be crossed out.
* Tasks in process will be in bold (so I can keep track of them easily).
* Incomplete tasks will be left as is.

My 101

1. Get my ears repierced.
2. Get Estella Dawn website up and running.
('til then visit estelladawn.imagekind.com)

3. Finish one scrapbook project.
4. Attend another convention.
5. Start filming web series.
6. Get web series up and running (online, publicized).
7. Promote P7D.
8. Read M.A. Bernier’s “Dragonstone.”
9. Read one of the Pratchett books that Digger lent me.
10. Publish this list on the web.
11. Cook something in my crockpot.
12. Take a dance class.
13. Get my driver’s permit.
14. Get my driver’s license.
15. Take a class through either the BCAE or the CCAE.
16. Write in my diary at least three times in 2009. (fail!)
17. Read a book by Lois McMasters Bujold (the author Mreen always recommends to me).
18. Start an IRA.
19. Make a vet appt. for my kitty.
20. Get my credit card balances down to at least half of what I owe.
21. Try one new thing every month, no matter how small, for at least six months. (The months don’t have to be consecutive.) (5/6)
22. Take a cruise.
23. Visit Missy.
24. Visit Martha’s Vineyard. (completed Aug. 4, 2010)
25. Visit Canada.
26. Take a Boston Duck Tour.
27. Finish a cross-stitch project.
28. Have a picnic with my neice.
29. Enter a photo or a craft project in the Marshfield Fair.
30. Take the MENSA test.
31. Take a tour of the Day House.
32. Get a new library card.
33. Complete the 2008 NaNoWriMo challenge.
34. Complete the 2009 NaNoWriMo challenge. (fail!)
35. Submit one of my finished stories somewhere for publication.
36. Finish a WIP (not including NaNoWriMo, of course).
37. Make a short film.
38. Submit the film to at least three festivals.
39. Participate in the 26 Things meme.
40. Make FS commercial.
41. Produce something for local cable.
42. Organize Ella photos.
43. Replace ten VHS tapes with DVDs.
44. Plan a family reunion.
45. Catalogue my CDs.
46. Catalogue my DVDs.
47. Catalogue my VHS tapes.
48. Finish the list of books I own.
49. Copy one of my old diaries (from elementary school).
50. Put the VHS tape my aunt & uncle had made for my grandmother onto DVD.
51. Transfer my LCIII files onto my current laptop.
52. Transfer T.’s vids to digital form as she had requested.
53. Attend a film festival.
54. Get better acquainted with all the bells and whistles on my laptop.
55. Get better acquainted with all the bells and whistles on my camcorder.
56. Get better acquainted with all the bells and whistles on my new digital camera.
57. Dye my hair auburn.
58. See Cyanide Valentine live. (possible failure since Jake is now a solo act)
59. Sell 10 items on ebay. (4/10)
60. Put $20 into savings for every completed task. (0/101)
61. Organize my closet.
62. Finish a FS fan vid.
63. Make ATC series.
64. Work on altered journal (or something similar).
65. Identify 100 things that make me happy.
66. Complete at least two things off my 43 Things list. (1/2)
67. List my 100 favorite movies.
68. List my 100 favorite books.
69. Write the alphabet books for T. that I’d promised her.
70. Buy rainboots.
71. Take CPR class.
72. Start an Etsy shop. (completed 06/21/09)
73. Finish writing the first five episodes of my web series.
74. Buy pedometer for Micky & Christine. (1/2)
75. Buy pedometer for myself.
76. Visit with Brett & Mary again.
77. Get together with some Scapers (beyond 1 or 2 Boston Scapers).
78. Get a table for Estella Dawn on Norwood Day.
79. Upload five more photos to my imagekind account. (4/5)
80. Volunteer on someone else’s film.
81. Enter a music vid for the 2009 Creation Farscape con (assuming there is a con). (fail!)
82. Post the result of something inspired by The Soul Food Cafe.
83. Attend a craft fair.
84. Create an altered journal for the Library project.
85. Spend three days without once going online. (2/3)
86. Replan my torturemazes website.
87. Post ten more entries on the Beanywood blog. (0/10)
88. Make a 2009 New Years Resolutions list. (fail!)
89. Complete at least five things off that list. (0/5) (fail!)
90. Watch at least three of the videos my dad sent me.
91. Write 10 actual letters (not an email or a card). (10/10)
92. Go apple picking.
93. Start another 101 things to do when the 1001 days near their end.
94. Read the Book of Revelations.
95. Read 10 non fiction books. (0/10)
96. From Learning to Love You More assignment #53: Give advice to yourself in the past
97. From Learning to Love You More assignmnet #3: Make a documentary video about a small child.
98. Visit with my dad at least three times. (1/3)
99. Complete How to Think Sideways course.
100. Take a digital photography class.
101. Complete all the items on this list. (fail!)

Days Left: 33
Tasks Remaining: 85

** previous list

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just saw your new list. Watch out for #93 and #60 though...they are eerily similiar. Might end up doing 202 in 1001 next time. =P

solonia ;)

Danielle said...

Thank you for noticing that! I'll go make corrections. :)

I did that with two other items, too, and then had to correct. Don't know where my head was at the time. lol

Danielle said...

I just noticed #53 and #82 were repeats so I changed #82. :)