Monday, October 27, 2008

Working on Reducing My Credit Card Debt

I'm focused once again on #20 on my 101 list. I've decided that, in November, I'm limiting myself to $40 in cash for spending money (toiletries, night out with friends, taking the train in town, etc.) Since it's novel writing month anyway, it shouldn't be too much of a hardship. $10 a week to spend. If all goes well, I will cut it down again the following month to $20 spending money. If not the following month (December), then definitely in January.

The trickiest thing about spending no more than $40 in November will be November 1. There's a NaNoWriMo write-in on that day. I could go in town to that after work (which I'd really like to do), but I'd be looking at spending a quarter of my monthly allowance on the train even before the week has started .. and then a few dollars on lunch or snacks (since it's in a restaurant). I could instead go to the Vegetarian Festival in town, but I run into the same problem with how much I'm spending that day. Plus, I lose out on word count while I'm in there at the festival. The positive side of the Veggie Fest is hanging out with my friend T. I haven't seen her in months, if not over a year now. My third choice is the most frugal. After work, I simply go home and write. Good for my pocket book. Good for my word count. Bad for my social life (which barely exists as it is).

Decisions, decisions ..

No comments: