Friday, October 24, 2008

NaNoWriMo Prep and Working on my 101: #33 & #2

In preparation of NaNoWriMo, I'm attempting to get a few things done before November madness hits. Part of that is plotting out my 2008 nanovel (#33 on my 101 in 1001 list). Holly's course How to Think Sideways is a big part of that. In fact, my idea for this year's nanonovel is an idea generated from the course (lightning struck!). It will be a young adult novel like last year's attempt, but it's not a fantasy novel. It's more of a mystery which is a little different than anything I've tried before so I'm excited to get started on it.

Another part of my preparation is working on the EstellaDawn web site (#2 on my 101 in 1001 list). I've promised T. to have at least one version this weekend for her to check out. I'm hoping to have more than one version completed this weekend. Hopefully she'll like one of them, and then I'll simply tweak it a bit and upload to the server. Although the site has nothing to do with NaNoWriMo, finishing it will be a nice accomplishment and one less thing to worry about in November.

Lastly, although not official NaNo prep work, I'm heading in town tomorrow with Jo for a Boston NaNoWriMo Meet & Greet. It should be lots of fun!

No comments: