Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays!

Season's Greetings to everyone! :D

My grandmother is coming home from the hospital tomorrow, so the the traditional Christmas Eve celebrations will continue as planned! yay! Hopefully, I'll be out of work early enough in the day tomorrow that I can accomplish some wrapping before joining family at the party. *g*

****
Somehow I must coordinate a get-together with three friends who'll be in the area. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Yet nothing is ever as easy as it should be. Ah well, it'll be worth it in the end. ;)

****
The filming of the Farscape miniseries is a wonderful Christmas present for all Scapers yet I'm a bit dismayed by the lack of publicity. Instead of Farscape Commences Filming in Oz!, I've been hearing about World Idol and the fact that no one will be watching it ... that's what I hear anyway. Maybe the entertainment media is waiting for the Henson announcement which hasn't happened yet. Hope is the seasonal theme and one ever present in Farscape; it's what, imho, motivates Scapers. So, I guess I'll hope. I hope that there's a buzz and the cast & crew get some long overdue attention and accolades. I hope the ratings soar through the roof. I hope it leads to challenging roles for the cast and exciting jobs for the crew. Whatever happens, I'm excited that it's happening so soon, and somehow I feel vindicated. :)

****
This morning was spent shooing Tigger away from the tree. Usually he goes after tinsel, ribbon, and really shiny bows, so those items were left off the tree and the presents. This morning he decides he will eat the tree anyway. Mind you, it's a fake tree, and the cat is desperately chewing on it. Then when he is scolded (because tree-eating tends to lead him into wrapping paper ripping), he pauses and looks at me with his big, round eyes as if to say Who me? I'm not doing anything. He even got sneaky and slid through the presents to behind the tree where I can't see him as well. I hear rustle, crinkle, munch, look up, and he's nowhere to be found. I call him and suddenly the noises stop. I approach the tree and peer through the branches (it may be fake, but it's a *big* tree) and see him standing ever so still. *g* Occasionally he looks up through the branches, then straight ahead again, unmoving, probably hoping I wouldn't notice him. It was too cute, so I gave up and went back to getting ready for work. I'm a bit fearful as to what condition the tree and gifts will be in when I get home. *bg*

****
and Welcome Home, Amanda! :D

No comments: