Thursday, October 13, 2005

Booked by 3

I'd orginally posted this in my Live Journal, but thought to myself, hey, why not post it here as well?, so here's a fun little meme from Shelley's Book Shelf.

Name up to three in each category that have moved you or stayed with you, and for extra credit (heh), quote a favorite line or passage.

1. Poem: Jabberwocky (Lewis Carroll), The Tiger (William Blake), The Road Less Traveled (Robert Frost)
quote:
- So rested he by the TumTum tree and stood awhile in thought (Jabberwocky)
- Tiger, tiger, burning bright, In the forests of the night, What immortal hand or eye, Could frame thy fearful symmetry? (The Tiger)
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference (The Road Less Traveled)


2. Play: A Doll's House (Henrik Ibsen), Romeo & Juliet (Shakespeare)

3. Short story or novel: The Dead Past (Isaac Asimov, 1956), Fahrenheit 451 (Ray Bradbury), Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There (Lewis Carroll)
quote:
- It was a pleasure to burn. (Fahrenheit 451)
- 'No, no!' said the Queen. 'Sentence first--verdict afterwards.' (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland)



Okay, so #3 is a bit of a cheat since I listed two seperate Lewis Carroll stories, but well, they're both Alice so .. I'm keeping them as is. =)

Oh! and I just found out that I haven't missed everything that I thought I'd missed due to good ol' procrastination. National Novel Writing Month starts in November! Yay! I haven't missed NaNoWriMo so I think I'll head on over there and sign up. =)

No comments: