Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Procrastination

It's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish.
-- J.R.R. Tolkien


Mr. Tolkien had it pegged. No job gets done if you don't start it to begin with. In my experience, putting things off is not the best course, most of the time. I've been plagued by procrastination a lot lately, and it's gotten the better of me, I'm afraid. Among the many projects that have suffered are some videos I've been working on and some writing I wanted to get started on. What Mr. Tolkien failed to mention is that the longer one takes to start a project, the more tired one becomes as deadlines loom. *sigh* I am so tired right now.

I missed the Blogging4Books deadline. I hadn't even written my entry yet, just a few lines scribbled inside my head. Still, it would've been nice to try.

I haven't yet missed the con book deadlines of Nov. 4, but I haven't yet sat down to write a message either. The deadline for Creation's Farscape video contest is Nov. 1, and I've yet to burn my vids (ones I finished awhile back) to DVD. The month is almost half over!

I have yet to schedule my dentist appointment, regular doctor's appointment or my appointment for a hair cut.

Actually, I could make a long list of items on my to-do list which I have yet to tackle. Maybe accomplishing one or two items a day will help me get back into the swing of things? We'll see.

No comments: