Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mostly Music Musings

We finally put our tree up last night. No, it's not real; it's a fake tree but looks quite nice. The best part is that there are no needles on the floor. Also, it doesn't make me sneeze. :P

My little neice has been saying she wants a Christmas tree whenever someone asks her what she'd like for Christmas. She's easy to please. Give her some crackers, some fruit, maybe a few berries, and my little neice is in heaven.

I'm off to do some Christmas shopping in a bit. I'm actually starting my shopping today. (see my problems with procrastination) Hopefully, I'm not required to do much talking on this trip because my voice is on the verge of leaving me. It left me Friday around 8pm and Saturday around 5pm. I'm hoping I can make it last until 8pm again, at least. *sigh*

There was a Christmas meme on Live Journal that I wanted to do and post here, but I can't find it right now so instead, I'll mention the three bands that are on My Space that you should have a listen to. Cyanide Valentine has a cool MySpace page, including a blog there (and on the main site). I was showing my mom because she adores Jake Z., and I think, after the holidays, I'll pick myself up the "Let It Riot" CD. So far my favorite song is Freaks; I can imagine it in a cool indie film with the lead strutting down the street as his fellow "freaks" posse join him one by one. :P Of course, I haven't listened to all the tracks yet, so there might be another favorite on there, *and* there will be a new album coming out sometime next year, I guess. :)

I also showed my mom The Slackers page on MySpace which I recently discovered. I showed her a pic of G., and she kept asking me if he sang in Portuguese and was amazed & impressed they were wearing suits. *bg* I played the music samples to give her an idea of the style of music. That's another one I want a new CD of. I have "Question" and downloaded the song Have the Time from online (such a cool song), but I want to check out their other stuff as well.

Last but not least, Signal Room has joined MySpace. Check them out here and add them as a friend if you're a MySpace member. They are a great up&coming band out of Australia. I have their latest CD "The Day You Ran Away" and am hoping they'll do another soon. I was lucky enough to attend an accoustic performance in NJ last year (2004); it'd also be nice if they did more shows though, especially stateside, but I suppose that's all costly and time consuming so I doubt I'll get to see them perform live again any time soon.

No comments: