Friday, March 17, 2006

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I watched that last night for the first time. Wow. And .. Wow. That was fantastic!

I've only read "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," but now, I really want to get a hold of the other books if only to read Goblet of Fire for myself. That movie rocked. The stakes have gone up in a major way.

My sis promises me they get better, too. J.K. Rowling's strategy of writing each book so the readers will grow up with Harry Potter is ingenious. What I mean is that each story and the method of telling that story matures with each book, as Harry matures, and as the reader herself matures with each book. It makes perfect sense to do it that way, and wow, it works in this film.

I'll have to rewatch before making any sensical statements. For now .. Wow.

No comments: