Saturday, March 18, 2006

Music and Ployes

On Friday the 19th I went to see Cristina Branco perform which, of course, inspired me to download some of the songs she sang from Ulysses along with some more songs by Amalia Rodrigues (see also Wikipedia or a host of other sites on the web) and Misia. :) I'd planned on seeing Cyanide Valentine at T.T. the Bear's Place in Central Square (Cambridge) tonight since it'd tick off an item from my 101 in 1001 list. More than that, I'd really like to see Jake perform. :) The timing is wrong though with the train, and I'm too tired to deal with cabs tonight. I didn't budget for a taxi or an overnight stay in town so .. I guess I'll have to wait for next time to see Cyanide Valentine.

I bought a package of ployes from the Bouchard Family Farm (in the supermarket - I didn't actually visit the farm itself) last weekend and am anxious to give it a try. No milk, no eggs, no fat, no cholesterol - just add water! (hee!) I figured since it's a French Acadian thing my uncles would get a kick out of it, too, so I showed it to my sis for her next hiking trip, when it's her turn to cook. She thought it most excellent. : )

No comments: