Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Handmade Gifts

This year I've been tighter than usual on cash, especially at the end of 2008. Lots of unpaid things haunt me in 2009 already. Not a great way to start the year, but since I've got less to work with, there's not much I can do about it right now. Anyway .. I remembered various supplies I'd purchased a year or two ago when I considered trying my hand at the beautiful ornaments I saw online. So I thought, as December approaches, why not go ahead and make some ornaments for gifts?

My sis told me Tuesday that my brother-in-law really like the ornaments I made them for Christmas. Whether or not that's completely true, that comment motivated me to start posting some of the Christmas gifts I made in 2008. So over the next week or so, the ornaments will be showing up in posts.

I've resized the photos. Click on the image to see the full size, except for the charm. The charm is already at its full size. ;) Feedback is welcome. This is all a learning process for me..

The ornaments are 1x3 inches in size. Each ornament had two sides. This one was presented to my boss and his wife for Christmas. One side is Remembrance Santa (for lack of a better name).

Santa

The other is the Toulouse side.

Toulouse

Toulouse2

and a little close up of the charm

Old Fashioned Girl

More to come over the next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you MADE those. I'm impressed. I was telling Micky for days how much I love mine. It's beautiful! And mine isn't too Christmas-y which means I can hang it up all year. :D

Danielle said...

I'm glad you liked yours! :)