Saturday, January 03, 2009

Imperfect but Nearly Finished

I say nearly because it's rewrite-time for my nanonovel. I'm in the home stretch of Holly Lisle's writing course: How to Think Sideways, learning about revising my novel and finding the right ending for the book. Query letters, what to expect while working with agents and editors .. and now I just have to get crackin' on that NaNoWriMo novel of mine and make it all shiny. Shiny but not necessarily perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. And that's okay.

"Safe never starts. Perfect never finishes." - Holly Lisle

This morning as I got ready for work I daydreamed about this novel of mine, about my unfinished ones and the ideas I have yet to start. All the while I was smiling. I couldn't help myself. It was a good start to the day.

Next week, that's what I'll be doing. Daydreaming and revising but not necessarily in that order.

No comments: