Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yankee Swap Ornament

The snow is falling, and it's deceptively pretty outside. Not so pretty that I want to get dressed and shovel it. Instead, I think I'll stay in and add another post about the homemade ornaments I made for Christmas. This particular ornament was offered in the Christmas Eve Yankee Swap for my dad's side of the family. One side is a nostalgic Santa; the other is a pinecone.

My aunt's sis chose my small gift bag in the swap. Inside the bag were the little ornament and two pieces of chocolate. Surprisingly she kept the gift and didn't swap it out, but I suspect the chocolate had something to do with it. ;)

the Santa side:

Click on the photo to get a better look!

Santa Doll ornament

What the ornaments look like hanging on your tree:

Santa Doll in tree

the Pinecone side:

Get a closer peek at the ornament by clicking on the photo!

pinecone ornament

Closeup of the girl in the charm:

Classic Girl closeup


Both the Santa image and the Pinecone image were purchased from ArtChix Studio. The Yankee Swap Santa and the previous Santa were from this collage sheet. The pinecone and the previous Toulouse pic are from this kit. The charm's face is from ArtChix Studio's Tiny Bubbles sheet.

Apologies for the lack of quality in the photos. I'm experimenting how to take a better macro, and I've a way to go yet.

No comments: