Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Start Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011
End Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014
* Completed tasks will be crossed out.
* Tasks in process will be in bold (so I can keep track of them easily).
* Incomplete tasks will be left as is.
1. Attend Dragon*Con.
2. Get my driver's permit.
3. Get my driver's license.
4. Take three continuing education or enrichment courses. (0/3)
5. Read 50 books. (4/50)
6. Start an IRA.
8. Take a cruise.
9. Complete the 2011 NaNoWriMo challenge. (Fail!)
10. Complete the 2012 NaNoWriMo challenge. (Fail!)
11. Complete the 2013 NaNoWriMo challenge.
12. Bring my laptop in for repair.
13. Submit one of my finished stories somewhere for publication.
14. Finish a WIP.
15. Make a short film.
16. Submit the film to at least three festivals. (0/3)
17. Participate in at least three projects/events in the local/New England film community. (0/3)
18. Organize Ella photos.
19. Finish the list of books I own.
20. Sell 10 items on ebay. (5/10)
21. Identify 100 things that make me happy.
22. Complete at least two things off my 43 Things list. (0/2)
23. Post the result of something inspired by The Soul Food Cafe.
24. Spend three days without once going online. (0/3)
26. Go apple picking.
28. From Learning to Love You More assignment #53: Give advice to yourself in the past.
29. From Learning to Love You More assignment #3: Make a documentary video about a small child.
30. Renew my passport.
31. Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind."
32. Dye my hair.
33. Make a bucket list (100 things I want to do before I die).
34. Travel to Nova Scotia.
35. Participate in a charity event (other than/in addition to The Walk for Hunger)
36. Attend the Portuguese Festival in New Bedford.
38. Try 10 new (to me) flavored teas. These 10 tea flavors do not count toward goal #7. (1/10)
39. Participate (unofficially) in the Walk to Rivendell challenge.
40. Visit the Cloisters in NYC.
41. Visit Coney Island.
42. Re-certify in CPR.
43. Purchase a first aid kit for home.
45. Get my hair cut.
46. Make a little "movie" with my niece.
47. Visit the Peabody Essex Museum.
48. Visit Rockport again.
49. Visit Martha's Vineyard again.
50. Visit Nantucket.
51. Visit Newburyport.
52. Visit P-Town again.
54. Participate in the 26 Things meme.
55. Write an article (on any topic) and submit to at least one publication of some sort (online or off). (0/2)
56. Take the MENSA test. (I'd say "join MENSA," but that assumes I'll automatically pass the test. haha)
57. Learn to cook something.
59. Meet five new people. (4/5)
61. Attend a film festival.
62. Attend an author event of some sort.
64. Start an art journal and work on it at least three times. (0/4)
65. Write in diary/journal at least ten times. (0/10)
67. Participate in at least three online memes (LJ, writing memes, photo memes, art memes, etc.) Facebook-only memes do not count. (0/3)
68. Add 10 items to my zazzle stores. (3/10)
71. Put $10 into savings for every completed item on this list. (3/101)
72. Go to a concert.
73. Make a treasure map for my niece to follow.
74. Do a craft project with my niece.
76. Participate in Book Crossing at least once.
79. See a play or musical.
80. Get a book agent.
81. Do 10 random acts of kindness. (1/10)
83. Take a tour of the Day House.
84. Do a good deed.
86. Complete 20 creative writing prompts from Toasted Cheese. (0/20)
88. Visit 5 places in New England I've never been to before. (0/5)
90. Do 30 continuous sit-ups.
92. Try contact lenses again.
93. Take my niece on a carriage ride.
94. Go on a harbor cruise or take a ferry ride somewhere.
96. Don't log into Facebook for a week.
97. Attend a barbecue.
98. Visit La Salette.
100. Complete all the items on this list.
101. Start another 101 things to do when the 1001 days near their end.
Days Left: 282
Tasks Remaining: 79
** previous lists: