Sunday, September 14, 2003

Attack of the Seagulls

Day Off #1 on Thursday: Two of my sisters, my mom, & I spent the majority of our day at Old Silver Beach in Falmouth. The beach is beautiful, the sand soft. There are little silver fish swimming about, crabs, snails, and other marine life. And there are seagulls. Oh, how my mother loves those seagulls.

The seagulls were fed ample amounts of grapes until T. caught on to what my mother was doing. T. has no love for the seagull, and so she was not pleased. When we left her unattended to explore another section of the beach, she suffered a seagull attack! Yes, the seagulls chose to search for food on their own, and unprotected, our bags were the targets. First the plastic bag with the water bottle was attacked, then dragged away for a short distance before my sister managed to seperate the seagull from the bag. Once she relaxed again on the blanket the seagulls returned and another attack was perpetrated on the bags. This time the brown paper bag full of blankets and things was the focus of two crafty seagulls. They tried dragging it away and wouldn’t give up even when T. tried to shoo them. Unfortunately, we missed the whole scene. When I returned to where she was, I found her stretched out on the blanket eyeing a seagull who was eyeing her right back.

All in all it was a fun day. *g*

When we arrived home, I slept and slept ... that’s what happens when I spend all day in the sun.

No comments: