Friday, November 28, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving

Though it was questionable at one point (an argument over defrosting in the microwave was avoided -- don’t ask), yesterday turned out to be a wonderful Thanksgiving day. My mother, sister and I enjoyed a selection of side dishes instead of a big, old turkey. We watched the Macy Day Parade, Miracle on 34th Street and then Shogun on DVD. Unfortunately, our RCA cables went kaputt on us today, and so the Shogun DVD was viewed on the Playstation 2 machine. :-)

Thursday morning I was awoken with a phone call from a friend in Texas wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving. She always remembers, no matter where she is. *g* I need to plan a visit out to Austin before she moves again. ;-)

Wednesday was a lovely visit from my little niece and a phone call from daddio. Another sis was supposed to come for Thanksgiving, but she had car problems and couldn’t make the drive. *sniff* Of course, had she come Wednesday, she would’ve only had to rush back the next afternoon because she had to work Thursday! (poor Sherbert)

I hope everyone had a good day. Gobble, gobble ...

*****
Boston Ballet’s The Nutcracker is playing at the Wang Theatre until the end of the December, and then the annual tradition will be no more! The Radio City Christmas Spectacular will be at the Wang for the next five years (or something like that). I have to make sure I get my family there this year. I don’t think many of them (if any of them) have seen Boston Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker!

No comments: