Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Homecoming

When I returned home from work Saturday, I found out my grandmother was finally home from her six month ordeal in hospital & nursing home limbo land. I didn’t have a chance to visit because we were off to see my niece (and new mom & dad, too, of course!). My sis had been kind enough to download an mirc client to her hard drive, so I wouldn’t miss the FWA meeting. =) ... When we arrived, they were watching another baby, too. So, there was a 4 1/2 month old in addition to the 2 1/2 week old. *bg* Unfortunately, the meeting went over two hours long (I signed off after two hours). I didn’t get as much play time with my niece or the other baby as I would’ve liked. :( Also, my brother-in-law’s brother and his fiancee were visiting from out of state, and I felt very rude because I was online the whole time they were there! They left, and I was still online in the meeting. :( Babies were needing to be tended to, so I signed off. *sigh* At least, after a few weeks of trying to attend, I finally made it to a meeting, and some things were decided, so I was happy about that. ;-)

By the time we returned home, it was too late to visit with my grandmother, so I saved that for Sunday. My aunt and her family came over for awhile as well, and I was lucky enough to see my cousin’s babies -- 4 1/2 month old twin boys. They were so cute. I hadn’t seem them yet. *g* My grandmother was thrilled to be home, and she seems much better though she’s not able to really care for herself on her own (not yet anyway). Hopefully the visiting nurses have been set up. I’m a little worried about that, but I don’t work too far from home (within walking distance actually), so I can always check up on her or hurry home in an emergency. She was so relieved to be in familiar surroundings and was so excited to be visiting with the twins. =) Her dog was in over protective mode because she missed my grandma, too. *g*

All went well.

****

Deadlines for the con books are approaching! It’s your chance to tell the Farscape cast how much you appreciated all their hard work on the series and anything else you might want to say! Jot down a short note, write a poem, send a recipe! Whatever you want, just send it!

****

Work should not take up so much of my “free” time. Off work hours are fleeting. I feel drained.

No comments: