Booked by 3: Children's Books
from February's Booked by 3
Name your 3 favorite children's series.
1. Alice in Wonderland books
2. LeGuin's Earthsea books
3. The Chronicles of Narnia books
*runners up might be Mary Norton's Borrowers books and the Choose Your Own Adventure Series
Name your 3 favorite non-series children's books.
1. The Velveteen Rabbit (Margery Williams)
2. The Rocking Horse Secret (Rumer Godden)
3. Where the Wild Things Are (Maurice Sendak)
*"The Velveteen Rabbit" is a definite favorite. I love the other two as well, but since I can't think of any other books at the moment, I'm not sure if they're really favorites or just in the top 10-25 favorites. *g*
Name 3 favorite children's book characters.
1. Alice from Lewis Carroll's Wonderland books
2. Laura Ingalls
3. Nancy Drew
* runners up: Pippi Longstocking, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Gandalf (from "The Hobbit"), Winnie the Pooh, the pokey little puppy (hee!), and Anne of Green Gables!
"A good book is the best of friends, the same to-day and for ever." - Martin Farquhar Tupper (1810 - 1889)
quote from Book Quote of the Month