Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oscar Nom for Dave Elsey!

Congratulations to Dave Elsey (Farscape alum!) and Nikki Gooley for their joint Achievement in Makeup nomination for “Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith” (20th Century Fox)!

Crash” (Lions Gate) got a nomination for Best Screenplay (Screenplay by Paul Haggis & Bobby Moresco and Story by Paul Haggis), Film Editing, Directing (Paul Haggis) and Best Picture (Paul Haggis and Cathy Schulman, Producers). I haven't seen this one, but Paul Haggis is the man who brought us "Due South"! *bg* I will forever love Paul Haggis, Paul Gross and Jay Semko in much the same way that I get warm and fuzzy over Chris Carter, David & Gillian, and Mark Snow. Just like I will forever adore David Kemper & Brian Henson, Ben & Claudia, and Guy Gross.

Yay for the Wallace and Gromit nomination! :D

I'm curious to see who ends up winning the Oscar for Visual Effects, too. The competition seems tough in that category:
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”
“King Kong"
“War of the Worlds”


To see the complete list on nominations, click here.

* cross-posted from my live journal

No comments: