Friday, July 23, 2004

The Wonderful World of Blogs

I so enjoy surfing the net and finding beautifully designed sites, insightful blogs, inspiring prose, bits of wisdom, breath taking photography, creative titles, amusing anecdotes and just laugh out loud fun.

So, I'd love to share some of the treasures I've stumbled upon with a click of my mouse. I hope you find them as interesting as I did.

- Weirdsmobile!
- A Girl Named Bob
- They Might Be Giants
- Tulgey Wood
- ever so humble
- Cup and Saucer
- The Fiction Bitch
- Arts & Letters Daily
- My Pet Skeleton
- Flying Shark
- t.h.e.|p.a.r.a.l.l.a.x.
- Billy's Captures
- Burnham Down the House
- BiblioBlog
- Irvin Stafford
- 50word Fiction
- Book Crossing
- Industorious Clock
- Fly Guy
- imagiNation
- Phoons from Around the World
- Pushing Daisies

22! .. hm, well, I guess that about does it for now. lol

-----

And just because .. Captain Gregg's poem to Mrs. Muir from the episode "The Music Maker" (performed by Harry Nilsson):

    If only I could touch your hand,
    The shore bird's call, the sea breeze,
    The sprucewood mast that rises tall --
    I'd happily forget them all,
    If only I could touch your hand.

    If I could link your arm in mine,
    The tropic sun, the emerald surf,
    The fleecy clouds like sugar spun --
    I'd happily forget each one,
    If I could link your arm in mine.

    Of all the things that cannot be,
    There's one alone means most to me --
    It's not the lure of distant shores.
    It's that my lips cannot touch yours.
    My lips cannot touch yours.


... for more on Harry Nilsson, click here. Want to hear a sample of that song (titled "Without Her")? If so, click the link below.


Without Her

No comments: